Recently I found myself at Zen Habits because I had come across a link to an excellent article on the site, Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life. It’s a guide to getting rid of what is less important to you in your life, so you can concentrate on what you really care about. That could be anything… the article is full of suggestions like decluttering, simplifying work and home tasks, eliminating the clothes you don’t wear, and so on. There are actually 72 ideas on the list, and many of them have links to other articles of his and other websites around the web.
So I lost myself in all that for a while. I always love reading simple living tips from other people… I get more ideas that way. Think I will finally give away some of the cotton-polyester clothing in my closet that I wear about once a year, since I really prefer natural fibers.
Back to Zen Habits… There is so much there, that I was delighted to find Start Here on Leo Babauta’sminimalist Zen- style menu… that link takes you to the Beginner’s Guide to Zen Habits – A Guided Tour. Here is part of it:
The All-Time Most Popular Posts on Zen Habits
- 10 Benefits of Rising Early, and How to Do It
- 20 Things I Wish I Had Known When Starting Out in Life
- Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life
- The Cheapskate Guide: 50 Tips for Frugal Living
- A Guide to Creating a Minimalist Home
- 10 Tasty, Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap
- 30 Things to Do to Keep From Getting Bored Out of Your Skull at Work
- Get Off Your Butt: 16 Ways to Get Motivated When You’re in a Slump
- Top 42 Exercise Hacks
Well, have fun! And don’t be surprised if some of his pages turn up sometime on this website… people are welcome to copy his writings if they want to. Very cool.