I don’t think this aspect occurs to people until they have been involved in simple living for a while. Admittedly, going around changing all your light bulbs may not be the most fun you’ve had this week. It has its own rewards, of course, but fun isn’t the main one.
Personally, I like simple living because with fewer possessions and a smaller home to take care of, with a less hectic lifestyle, I have more time.
- More time to write — and for me, a day when I don’t get around to writing is a day with less life in it.
- More time to do my yoga stretches, morning walk, and prayer / meditation.
- More time to play badminton with my husband, in the evening just after the sun goes off the badminton setup in our yard.
- More time to really enjoy my friends… when they slow down enough!
- More time on the phone with my favorite family members, who live thousands of miles away.
- More time to cook from scratch.
More time, more fun…. and the simple green living lifestyle is better for our world.