Alternative Beekeeping Using the Top Bar Hive and The Bee Guardian Methods
There’s a how-to DVD out from from the Back Yard Hive folks. It’s about an hour and a half, but they have kept the price to a low $19.95 to reach as many people as possible. I heard a couple of these people speak in my town a while back and I am impressed with their devotion to bees!
Here’s the blog post I wrote back then.
And here are the contents of the new DVD:
- Features of the Top Bar Hive
- The Location of the Hive
- Setting up Your Hive
- Finding Bees for your Hive
- How to Capture a Swarm
- Introducing Bees into the Hive
- About the Bee Colony
- How the colony is Organized
- Working with the Bees
- Adventuring into the Hive
- Single Comb Harvest
- Processing Honey
- Fall Preparations
- Preparing your Hive for Winter
- The Future
Impressive! Find out more at Back Yard Hive.